The future of our band clubs lies with today’s children and their motivation to join and continue studying within the schools of our bands. Therefore, it was extremely important for us to address them in the International Winds and Percussion Festival.
We have organized a whole morning for children who are still in their very early stages of learning their instrument within a band club. This will take place on Saturday, 23rd September at Agenzija Zghazagh, Sta. Venera.
The program for this event is as follows (subject to change):
- 9:00 – Welcome and introduction
- 9:10 – Visits to the various classes taking place, including clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, low brass and flute.
- 10:15 – Break
- 10:30 – Workshop with Mr. Luke (Lulu) Agius. This workshop will include percussion and percussion making, different music styles, exposure to instruments and many more.
- 12:00 – Conclusion of activity
1. To participate, applicants must obey the following conditions:
- Age – 6 to 9 years (born between 2008 – 2011)
- Applicants should be students within one of the local band clubs in Malta and Gozo, and are still at the initial stage of their studies.
2. The event is free of charge, but applicants must pay a €10 deposit to secure their place. The deposit will be returned only if the applicant attends the event. Payment should be done by bank transfer as follows:
Bank: Bank of Valletta
Account Number: 40024572765
IBAN Number: MT25VALL22013000000040024572765
Swift Code: VALLMTMT
Account Holder: ETIENNE SPITERI & CHRISTINE DIMECH A/C INT.WINDS & PERC FEST
Alternatively, payment can also be made by cheque payable to INT.WINDS & PERC FEST. Cheques should be sent to “Christine Dimech c/o International Winds and Percussion Festival, 41-43, St. Lucy Street, Naxxar. NXR 1507”.
It is the responsibility of the participant to keep adequate proof of payment.
3. Places are limited to 15 participants. Bookings will close on Tuesday, 12th September 2017.
Please note that your place will be booked once the deposit is received.