It has been an awesome week, but like everything else, all good things come to an end. We cannot be happier for the way the festival turned out to be. A big thanks go to all our tutors, Sergio Bosi, Brendan Ball, David Thornton, Riccardo Rossi, Antonino Mollica, supported by our great accompanist Elaine Mercieca. Thanks, goes to our special guests, Rebecca Hall, Alex Bezzina, Mark Gauci & Luke Agius, and all the speakers that spoke to our participants from MCAST & MYO.
Heartfelt thanks to Agenzija Zghazagh & Ghaqda Kazini Tal-Banda, that saw the potential of our project and gave us the needed support to begin this journey. Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel for their amazing help. Malta Philarmonic Orchestra, Vandoren, Music Link, Neomax Studios & Knight Music for their support.
A big round of applause and special thanks goes to the more than one hundred participants that gave life to this project.
Last but certainly not least, a big thank you to our coordination team led by Christine Dimech and the 8 band clubs that were behind the project, naming :
- Għaqda Mużikali San Leonardo, Ħal Kirkop,
- Għaqda Mużikali Sagra Familja, Kalkara,
- Għaqda Mużikali San Girgor, Kerċem,
- Għaqda Mużikali Marija Bambina, Banda Vittorja, Naxxar,
- Għaqda Mużikali San Ġiljan, San Ġiljan,
- Soċjeta Filarmonika Pinto, Banda San Sebastjan, Ħal Qormi.
- Soċjeta Filarmonika La Vittoria, Mellieħa,
- 12th May Band & Social Club, Ħaż-Żebbuġ
We hope this year’s experience will lead to more of these festivals and we promise and try to make it bigger and better!